Last week was a very good one! I exercised 6 days of the week and it was awesome! Monday and Wednesday BODYCOMBAT, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Zumba, Wednesday and Thursday a short run. Saturday a very wet long run. I’m exhausted, but in a good way.
Unfortunately this week is going to be much shorter when it comes to exercise. Because of work and other commitments I can only make it to the gym today and tomorrow, bummer! Maybe I get lucky and can squish a little bit more exercise, but come Sunday is the Army Ten Miler! Can’t wait for it! I’m a bit nervous because I’m unprepared, but I’m also super excited because I love big races!
So it’s time to plan for race day! These are the few rules I follow to be ready for race day:
- Don’t use new gear! I just bought new running shoes and of course I’m so tempted to show them off on race day, but that’s a big no-no. You need to know if a shirt, shoes or pants are going to rub in funny places before you actually are racing. So as cute as that new shirt you got at expo is, don’t wear it on race day.
- Same goes for food, before and while running. Do not try anything new that you don’t know how it may affect your tummy. There is nothing worst than feeling sick while running. Let’s be honest, we already going to get the toots, so there is need to make it worst, ha!
- Set everything out the night before. Not only it makes for a cute “flat runner” Instagram post, but it also helps to make sure you don’t forget anything. That has happened to me too many times.
- Get a good night sleep! I have to emphasize that one because I never follow it. I’m too excited to go to bed early and too worried that I will over sleep to wake up at a good time. I’m always down too late and up too early.
- Have fun! I’m super slow so I might get to the finish line when they are already packing. But you know what. I’m going to enjoy every single moment of it. If anything I get to enjoy it longer (because I’m slow)